ICDF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ICDF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018.
See also our Disclaimer.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as country, postal code, and age group;
- travel dates pertaining to your arrival and departure at the Conference;
- any information that you submit to us using forms on this website (e.g. personal and address information using the Conference Registration form);
- other information relevant to serving you as a potential delegate, actual delegate, or interested party.
No fiscal transactions or financial information is stored on this website.
What we do with the information we gather
The information you submit via forms on this website is sent to ICDF via email and is automatically stored in a secure online system. Information you submit via email may be stored while we deal with your request, and for archiving purposes afterwards.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to respond to you when you contact us;
- to provide relevant information to you about Conference and other relevant services;
- to enable you to register for Conference;
- to enable you to apply for, or receive information about, bursaries;
- to enable you to receive information about supporting us;
- to maintain accurate internal record keeping.
We will never pass on your details to third parties, except with your explicit permission for networking purposes. We may use the information to improve the services we offer you.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you with Conference updates by email. You can unsubscribe at any time by simply contacting us.
We may also use your information to respond to you when you get in contact with us. For this, we may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We monitor and analyse traffic on our websites to help us improve our services and we use a third party service called Piwik Web Analytics to help us do this. Piwik is a web analysis service provided to us by Drupal: https://www.drupal.org/project/piwik
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can use the 'Message' box to specify that you do not wish us to store your information after your request is dealt with or the Conference has taken place (whichever is appropriate);
- you may request details about what information we hold about you and gain specific details about how we are using it;
- you may contact us to request we delete all personal information we hold about you;
- you may contact us to remove you from any mailing lists you are subscribed to via this website (for instance, Conference updates or newsflashes).
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.